Training Day 1: Baseline Day 1

Total Run Time: 10 minutes
Distance: 0.67 miles
When: Lunch Break
Where: Gym
Speed: 4.0 mph
I didn't know I had it in me to run today.
Setting aside the self-pity (juice fast), lack of energy, and crankiness, I was really looking forward to running/jogging today. Really. As insane as that sounds. I was worried I wasn't going to consistently run throughout the whole 10 minutes and so I paced myself. But as soon as I hit the 5-minute mark and I wasn't huffing and puffing, I new I could do 5 more minutes. This may not be a big deal for many but for someone who has been sedentary for quite some time is and is overweight, this is a BIG deal.

I decided to listen to an audiobook today instead of music. Music seems to distract me more than motivate me. So I looked through the audiobooks I had already purchased but never "had the time" to listen to. "What I Talk about When I Talk about Running: A Memoir" Unabridged version by Haruki Murakami Narrated by Ray Porter . I suppose this couldn't be a better occasion to start listening. First thought that came to mind was, 'do I really want to listen to a memoir? I really should finish listening to "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". But thankfully, it was not a mistake. In fact, it was rather entertaining. Murakami is humorous and rather entertaining. I appreciate his insights.

So far, I feel pretty good. A bit hungry but good. Till tomorrow! -KE

Post a Comment