Monday, February 21, 2011

Total Run Time: 7 minutes 5 secpmds
Distance: 0.5 miles
When: Lunch Break
Where: Gym
Speed: 4.0 - 4.5 mph

Getting back into running was a challenge this evening. Clearly taking some time off from working out completely has affected things. Perhaps also not really having enough sleep is also part of the problem. Still I pushed though and took it one breath at a time. I ran 0.5 miles straight without taking a break. Started with a nice 5-minute warm up, stretched, then ran. I cooled off with a nice walk after and stretched again. I realize now that I may not be able to join the 5k on March 5th but I still intend on running 3.1 miles by then. I just need to work on it and push through.

This may not seem like much of an accomplish for some but it is for me. Today it was half a mile. By the end of this week I will be running a mile.

That's the goal for this week!

Will beat 93,250 times, pump 1,368 gallons of blood, and push that blood nearly 14,507 miles throughout my body!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com

Post a Comment