Juice Fast Day 1: Produce 101

Weight Gained: 0lbs
Weight Lost: 0 lbs


It appears that to prepare for a juice fast, or any fast for that matter, one should really take into consideration that the "fresher, the better." I was a little disappointed to find that the blueberries I wanted to use today were drying out. Apparently, I had decided that purchasing some produce a week or so in advance would save me some time. That is not the case. I didn't get as much juice as I thought and my apples were tart (since it was not in season, I bought it from the store).

Overall, I'm enjoying my breakfast. I woke up rather late so I plan on running before work. A whole 10-minutes! Yey! I feel good at the moment. Not hungry at all. I'm quite content.


Juice Fast Day 1: Lunch


LUNCH: Done! I like that I can quickly make my "meals" and have on less thing to worry about throughout the day. I know I'll be hungrier than usual but I'm going to be just fine. The taste is quite sweet which is nice. Of course, it's gulping down vegetable juice is something I'll have to really get used to. It's no milkshake...okay. Thinking 'healthy' now!


Carrot-Kale Combo [click here for source]
  • 1 Green Apple
  • 3 Handfuls spinach
  • 6-8 Kale Leaves
  • 4 Large Carrots
  • 1 piece ginger (thumb size)

Next up: DINNER.

Juice Fast Day 1: Dinner

This is called the Mean Green (minus the cucumber). I'm learning that it is quite difficult juicing kale and therefore should be followed by something like an apple and in this case, lemon. I'm very about how refreshing my apartment smells after. The taste is not as bad! I really enjoy it actually.

Mean Green [Original Recipe]
  • 1 Bulk of Kale
  • 4 stalks of celery
  • 2 granny smith apples
  • 1 lemon
  • ginger root (thumb sized)

Post a Comment