Day 11 of 365: Running Like a Champ

14th Dec. 2012
2nd Wind

It may seem like a lot but I really only had a few to nothing bites of everything I like today.

The important thing is CONTROL, PORTION CONTROL and yes, I can do that now.





After all, this fueled my AMAZING RUN this morning. 2AM while waiting for my a short film to upload on YouTube.

It can be rough at the start but you just have to keep pushing. I was happy on learn that my hubby has to keep up with me during the running intervals. Which reminds me, I can't recommend this enough:

Check out this great Podcast: http://www.djsteveboy.com/audio/intervals.xml

I'm on the 2nd day of Week 1 for the 5k program. It feels really good to move forward!

To motivate myself I had to give acknowledgement to all things painful. Like the tension in my legs, the aching of my knees. The heaviness of my breathing. Then follow it up with, "woah! Look how strong those legs are getting! Look how strong those arms are and how hardcore that core is!" Yes, I had to butter myself up.

Good thing I can actually say that and feel it too. The soreness of my 3- Set mini workout last night (Day 10) still aches. Think about it! A total of:
☑ 60 push ups
☑ :90 seconds of planking
☑ 60 Russian twists
I made sure I was giving it my all and it has paid off!

The run was nice today. Not as tired like Day 1. Shins didn't hurt as much and I made sure to maintain a steady pace regardless of my energy level (a pace which apparently has become too fast for some!).

Anyhow, happy weekend! Good luck on your races/long runs/workouts!

-KE



*Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program.  "Running Like the Wind Blows." or twitter.com/RunnerKE25, is for informational and educational purposes only and any use thereof is solely at your own risk  "Running Like the Wind Blows." or twitter.com/RunnerKE25 and the author bears no responsibility thereof.

Post a Comment