Pre-running Planning

I am about to go to bed now. I need to start sleeping at a reasonable hour if I'm going to do this. Tomorrow I start on my baseline/pre-training month. What this means is that I will be running 3 times a week and increasing my time every two days. The purpose of the baseline is to see how much running I am able to do before training. At the same time it is also like getting my body used to running as well. Planning my meals are equally as important. This month is going to be interesting because luckily, I won't be pushing myself too much with the exercise since I am going on a 30-day juice fast. Yes, I said it! I'm going on a 30-day juice fast before I start training (and I mean really training) in September. Inspired by Joe Cross' documentary, "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" I've decided to detox, if you will, by juicing vegetables and fruits. The recipes are doable and I have already purchased what I will be juicing fresh from the farmer's market (the cost was only a total of $7.00 for a week's supply. I'm very happy about this. Though, this may not be a conventional way of preparing for a marathon, I know that I personally need this. I'm 85 lbs overweight. It's time to make some changes and it starts with an absolute clean slate. Besides, this is after all only the baseline month. Not much of the intense calorie-burning running yet.

For those interested with the Juice Fast, watch the trailer:



I have to admit, I'm very excited. I've been pushing myself to be more active. Today was such a gorgeous day and I had a short but awesome bike ride around town early this morning then a walk a little later. Now for some shut-eye.

Updates tomorrow. Good night people! -KE

Post a Comment