Day 8 of 365: Motivation!

11th Dec. 2012
Food that tastes as bad as it looks

You may have noticed that I'm dedicating more time on food and my caloric intake than anything else. A bit disappointing, I know.

But I need to have this sort of visual representation at the moment. Simply because I'm struggling with motivation. Suddenly my mind is saying stop. Just eat.

No! And why am I listening?!



•A picture of a yucky 1st meal. Fried food! Noooo!
•Who says you can't get a semi-healthy meal at Sbarro? Garden salad with Italian dressing, fish in marinara
•Tried some Energen a cereal drink NEVER AGAIN! Not with 18g of SUGAR!
•spoiled with Food for the Gods, an iced caffe latte and movie theater popcorn (no salt!)

...
MIDNIGHT RUN

I've always loved DJ Steve's PodRunner Podcast on iTunes and since I'm at the point of basically starting slow and building my way up I decided to tune in.

☑ I completed THE FIRST DAY TO A 5K. Check out this great Podcast: http://www.djsteveboy.com/audio/intervals.xml



What I love about the program is that it goes on to 10k workouts and it makes a boring run quite exciting!

•the 1st and 2nd :30s runs felt good
•It wasn't until the 3rd that I was feeling the lactic acid burning my muscles, air bubbles forming near my ribs, a bit of cramping even.

But I wasn't going to be a baby about it.

I'M A RUNNER AFTER ALL!

So I just breathed through it. Keeping in mind all the prompts to go through when my body freaks out.

Check yourself and then calm down. Just breathe through it!

For tonight's post-workout nourishment:
•I had a banana, some non-fat milk, and 1 tsp. chunky peanut butter.
•1/2 of Pandesal (bread) with Peanut butter and mango jam
•Also took my multivitamin.



Still on an endorphin high. At this point nothing can stop me now! (Wow! Look at that sweat stain! Legit!!!)



-KE



*Always consult a qualified medical professional before beginning any nutritional program or exercise program.  "Running Like the Wind Blows." or twitter.com/RunnerKE25, is for informational and educational purposes only and any use thereof is solely at your own risk  "Running Like the Wind Blows." or twitter.com/RunnerKE25 and the author bears no responsibility thereof.

Post a Comment