Training Day 7: Rest

After going grocery shopping at Trader Joe's I went to bed quite early last night (at 8pm to be exact). I was happy to be tired enough to actually sleep at a fairly decent hour. But around 1am, I woke up and could not go back to bed. So I decided to cook for the rest of the week and here's what I made:

Trader Joe's has a wonderful tomato basil marinara sauce. What I did though was I sauteed some garlic then cooked the ground turkey in with that before adding the marinara sauce.

Next up: is Pesto Linguine with broccoli and pine nuts. This is my first time using linguine noodles for this particular dish. Normally, I use spaghetti noodles which now that I think about it, rather prefer. I may have over cooked the linguine causing it to be quite starchy--quite upsetting really.

So these are my meals for the week, and lots of salad and other delightful food I will most likely share with you.

Have a great Sunday! Though it's my "rest day" I'm definitely going for a hike.
-RunnerKE

Hike Update:

What a wonderful day! Here are some photos I'd like to share with you:

8.7.11

It was a rather lazy day and after a wonderful dinner: Summer produce fresh from the garden: tomatoes, grilled zucchini, grilled eggplant, potatoes with basil, as well as BBQ chicken marinated in Trader Joe's pineapple, teriyaki marinade, and of course the pesto linguine I made earlier it couldn't have more delightful!

For dessert, I indulged a little:

8.7.11
Apple cinnamon cake and chocolate bunt cake. But I don't feel guilty. I biked a little, swam a little, and hiked as well. The great outdoors was my buddy today and I had a lot of fun.

Now for the big-time training tomorrow! Here we go!

-RunnerKE

Post a Comment